Tuesday, October 8, 2013

broken


i was a broken person. i had aged. i no longer felt like myself. i had flown away to some great heights, leaving me here to deal with everything dragging me down, deeper and deeper. i was in the rain, and i could not feel the water. i was in the rain, and all i heard was the storm.

i was no longer free. someone had chained me. they could not be broken. i was in despair. i cried out in pain, wanting to get away, but i could not. i was stuck here forever, i realized. i would never escape. my life was forever misery.
Broken:(adj.) having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order; rejected, defeated, or despairing.
 +i was broken, but not anymore+

the One reached down and picked me up, assembled me into someone new and different then before. am i stronger? i think so. time will tell. i am no longer broken.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Anna! I love these short, but inspiring posts you've been making lately. this is so helpful for so many people including me who are going through this.
    xoxo
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these posts. <3 they really make me think, and feel. this one especially. <3

    xoxo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete

be kind • be polite • be amazing