Sunday, September 1, 2013

i always wonder if i could be brave enough

i always wonder if i could be brave enough. i always wonder if i would have enough courage to save someone; whether it was protecting them from a bully or risking my own neck to pull them from their dangling spot over the cliff back onto solid ground. i've always wondered what i would do in that moment. i wonder if i would have insane courage and just burst out and do it. i wonder if i would be too afraid and run away. i wonder if i would be scared sick and start crying. i wonder if i could, if i was needed, in that dire hour, to save someone. could i save them? would i save them? how would i save them? i want to have that courage. i'm scared. what if i don't have that courage? i don't have courage in other things. if i can't have enough courage to walk up to someone i don't know and introduce myself, how could i save someone from dying? i tell myself it's different. that if it really mattered, i'd pull through. but sometimes it scares me. does it scare you?

+trying to trust in God+
+hoping to have courage+
+praying it will come+

hoping,
anna

4 comments:

  1. Whoooaaa!! I have wondered that soooooo many times!!! I like to think that I could do it, but when I really think about it, it seems like my stomach would just drop and I'd get all jittery. But maybe not. At least that's what it was like for me when my brother broke his arm, and when my other brother got a minor concussion. But at those times I wasn't the only one around. There was always another adult. So, I don't know. But I'd like to think I could :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wondered that a lot. I'd like to think I could do it. But the thing is, you always know that God will help you in times like those. I am a super duper introvert, so it would be hard to step up to someone in trouble or who is being bulled. (but it does help to be a ninja when someone is being bullied, I know how to defend myself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Spelling freak. I meant bullied.

      Delete
  3. I think that if you keep trusting in God and let me direct you, then I think you won't be scared to walk up to someone. or help them in anyway. I hope God gives you that courage you need <3


    abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/08/truly-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete

be kind • be polite • be amazing