OK, so, I was thinking--what kind of contest could I do?? I mean, I've done several contests before, and you've all been kind enough to have enough entries FOR a contest. :) So I was thinking, "What kind of contest should I do this time?" And then I thought, "Book cover design contest!" And then I was thinking, "But what book??"
So here's the deal:
You come up with a book cover for a fake book (not one that you've made, not one that I've made, not one that anybody's made) and make like a fake summary of the story, and add a fake author's name on the cover, too (or use your own. I don't really care...). You know, like, the inside of the cover of a book?
Here is an example of what I'm thinking:
Brothers Jacque and Peter Bouvier had always been close, only three years apart in age. But when eighteen year old Jacque is drafted into the French army and fifteen year old Peter is left behind, both feel an ache for their other brother. Peter doesn't know what to do without Jacque. He's never done anything without his older brother. And when strange things start to happen, he suddenly realizes that something terrible has happened to his brother... and he's determined to do anything he can to save him.
This would be an example of a good entry. ;D
Kind of get my idea? :)
OK, so, here are the rules:
1. You MUST be a follower of this blog, Rubberboot Girl.
2. All entries must be left in a comment on THIS POST (otherwise an invalid entry).
3. If allowed, share this post on Google so that your friends will know about it, too. :)
4. This contest ends the 25th of March.
5. You must take the above advertisement for this contest and place it on the side of your blog for the duration of the contest. When the contest ends, you're free to do what you want with it. (I will have it available to drag it off from the side of my blog at all times during the contest.)
6. The three winners--1st, 2nd, and 3rd places--will get to choose between a blog design, being a featured blogger on this blog, or getting a personalized interview. (All of these, except for the blog design, do not include your email.)
7. For fun, you may include something about your fake author, like they do in the back of books. This will not add up to your points in most ways, but it might help me to sway towards you if I'm really impressed by it. ;)
8. Good luck and God bless!! :) (And remember not to enter more then once... this will get you disqualified. =P)
Hope you guys enter!! :)