Thursday, March 21, 2013

The bird who didn't seem to have a brain

I don't really remember when this story was, but it's kind of interesting--one of those strange things that happens to you that you're totally not expecting.

OK, so, the main jist of the story is that I was in the barn and this bird got stuck in there, and the strange little thing just WOULD NOT come out. My sister and I were trying like crazy to get that thing out of the barn--tried to herd it towards the ladder hole, tried to herd it out the hay door.... It just wasn't working.

Not to mention that my cat decided that the bird looked like a mighty tasty lunch and was watching it and making it really nervous.

And then the bird decided to wedge itself like in between the roof and and the wall. And the roof and walls are tin. So it was like squishing itself, and we were at a loss about what to do with it.

So then, finally, I believe that I went out and stood below the spot where the bird was wedged with a butterfly net and my sister pushed it out.

Either way, the bird fell and flew away. Nope, I didn't get to use my butterfly net. (I kind of wanted to...) But it got out. And that was the main thing.

Kind of strange, isn't it?

What stories do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment

be kind • be polite • be amazing