Saturday, February 2, 2013

I've Found Myself Praying a Lot

Dear Readers,

It's true. I have.

And it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Like last night I went to another basketball team. And as people did free throws and stuff, I found myself praying for the person shooting, and then for all of the teams, and then for the people in the crowd. It was such an amazing feeling.

Sometimes prayer seems hard. Like you don't know what to pray about, or how to pray it, or you feel bad if you don't sound perfect like some people seem to. But it's what's in your heart. God knows what you're trying to say.

It's kind of funny. When I pray in my mind, everything makes sense for me. When I try to pray out loud, sometimes I stumble over the words, but I realize that my heart is in the right place and that's what counts for God.

Sometimes it's kind of hard to know if you should just pray, "God, I..." or "Dear God" or anything else you could start out with. I used to only start out with "God..." But now I feel myself starting out with "Dear God". Because He's amazing. He really is.

In my mind, when I pray, I find myself thanking Him for so many things--the beautiful day, my family, what's going on in my life. Thanks. It's something that's hard for me whenever I pray it out loud in front of people. Mostly because I don't want to sound... you know... fake. Like I'm just doing that just because. But I know I can do it in my mind. Because it's real. It's true.

Have you ever had a hard time praying, just with yourself and God or with other people around?

I'd love to know that there's others.

Love,
Katrina

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! I can totally relate to this post, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete

be kind • be polite • be amazing