Saturday, December 29, 2012

An Angel in Disguise

Dear Readers,

So I emailed Noah about what Mom said, and Noah said, sure, why shouldn't we just go as friends? So Mom went off and got a dress and some flats and I was made to suffer through school.

I was just coming out of the bathroom during the lunch hour when I felt somebody grab my arm. I looked up and saw Ladasha moving me. I wished, at that moment, that Madeline, one of the best shots of the spaghetti fight, had been there to save me as Ladasha pushed me into an empty classroom.

"Did Maurice ask you to the dance?!" she demanded, eyes glaring.

It was the first time I'd ever talked to her, but so far I wasn't liking our conversation.

"Um, yeah," I admitted.

"And did you accept!?" Her eyes were huge.

"Um, no," I snorted.

Ladasha angrily whirled around on her high heel. "I can't believe that he would ask you! I'm the most pretty girl in this school, the best in everything, and then the one person who could even be at least a little like me, goes and asks YOU!"

"Hey," I started, "I didn't ask him to."

"OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T!" she yelled at me. "BUT YOU DON'T DESERVE IT!"

"Hey, what's going on in here?" A brown-haired girl with blue eyes walked into the room. "What on earth are you doing to her?!" She was glaring right at Ladasha.

Ladasha's eyes grew big, and then she laughed nervously. "Nothing's going on." She sneered at me and then stalked out.

"Thanks for saving me," I sighed in relief.

"No problem," she winked. "My name's Alyssa."

"Jessie," I nodded.

"See you later," she nodded, walking off.

Amazingly, I never ever saw her again.

Could she have been an angel?


8 comments:

  1. Interesting....who is this Alyssa I know she's supposed to be me but who is she in this story who hmmm this may take some pondering.
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our church we have a youth formal where all the youth dress
    up really nice (like in fancy prom gowns or brides maid dresses for
    the girls and suits and ties for the boys) and go out to a nice restaurant
    for supper and than go to the church for games and a bible study but all the
    girls and boys go separately they don't go as couples.
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Yeah, mostly I just had to do something that would be dramatic in Jessie's normal turn of events. =P

      Delete
  3. Wow...I am grinning my head off because I know I wouldn't do anything like that....I love the way you wrote it! It tickles me, somehow. I do like it. A lot! =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, no. You would definitely NOT do that EVER. =D Thanks!!! :)

      Delete

be kind • be polite • be amazing