Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Yes, you can go..."

Dear Readers,

This is Jessie. Anyway, more dance details...

So everybody's been worked up into a frenzy over this thing. I walk through the hallways, and everybody's rushing about doing SOMETHING. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane person in the world.

It's kind of also hard to concentrate on your studies when all you hear are whispers behind you--"I'm going to wear blah blah blah" "I love your nails!" "What're YOU going to do with your hair?" "I can't wait!"

My teachers tried to take care of it, but you know what middle school's like.

Let's just say they failed.

Miserably.

Mom and Dad have been trying to cheer me up, but I point out that it's annoying and, besides, I'm not even going.

"You're not?" Dad frowned.

"Uh, no," I said. "I didn't think I was allowed to..."

"Of course you're going!" Mom declared. "I went to a dance in middle school and had a blast. After the dance my best friend and I rigged this..."

"OK, so wait." I held up my hands. "I'm allowed to go?"

"Yep," nodded Mom. "Though I don't want you going with anybody. Unless Noah asks, of course. Then it'd just be like a friend-to-friend outing."

"Oh, yeah," I snorted. "I really see that happening. Noah would never ask me, Mom."

"Hmm." Mom's eyes looked away.

Yeah, weird.

Love,
Jessie

6 comments:

  1. Noah wouldn't ask you because he's too busy already asking you for your sandwich {he did that, right?}. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw. Maybe off in a mascot uniform. Who knows? =D

      Delete
  2. yeeaaahhhhh not going to happen, in my case if one of my guy friends asked me to go to like a church youth formal with him I'd totally turn him down it'd just be awkward and not one bit like a friend going with friend thing. If I did go it'd be with my sister or best friend (a girl of course)
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joys of your first dance. I have a feeling Noah might ask you... good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

be kind • be polite • be amazing