Sunday, May 12, 2013

i am rather a bit of an early bird


I love waking up early in the mornings, when usually nobody else is awake. I just like to get up and look outside. I love that feeling. It's like I'm the only one here. Just me and God. And nothing can ever touch me. And it just feels... good.

early morning
fresh air
sun barely up
birds singing
breeze whispering
i close my eyes
and breathe in deeply
and thank the Lord
for this day

Everything outside is so beautiful in the early morning. There's that little chill still left from the night, and a beautifully fresh scent in the air, untainted by the sun's rays. There're birds singing, nothing awake to disturb them. I just love that.

birds trilling
singing a song
one i don't know
but one i like
one that makes me stop
and listen
because it's beautiful

Do you like waking up in the morning? What are some of your favorite things about the early hours? Would you rather go to bed early and wake up early? Or go to bed late and wake up late? I love the mornings. I will always love the mornings.

mornings
they come and go
but they always
leave memories


8 comments:

  1. Hiya! I'm not a morning person at all, but your writing kind of makes me want to be:) When do you think you'll write some more Jessie's? ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waking up early, but the problem is that I also like staying up late. So if I wake up early in the morning, I'm cranky in the daytime. But I just love the thrill you feel when you're the first one awake...even before the sun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing. When I read it, it's like you took the words right out of my mouth. Actually it seems like I wrote it myself.
    I honestly feel the same way. I want to start waking up earlier instead of going to bed late. :P Sometimes I enjoy the peacefulness of night...

    Beautiful post. <3

    xoxo
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mackenzie!! :) That means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  4. I'm not a morning person, mainly because I wear daily contact lenses so when I wake up in the morning I'm blind.
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete

be kind • be polite • be amazing