Wednesday, May 15, 2013

something magical || a goodbye [for a little bit] post


something in this world
yet so special in its own way
something that's beautiful
something way past its day
something from the old times
and yet still here
those are the kind of things
that i hold dear

One of my dreams is to live in an old Victorian-type house with turrets and a big spiral staircase and secret passageways. Doesn't that just sound like fun? :) I love old things--old trunks, old houses, old compasses, old watches... I love them. There's something special around them. Almost magical, if you think about it that way.

something old
and yet so new
something that's wonderful
for me and you

there's something magical
magical, i say, yes, magical
something magical about that house
that old house
the one on the hill
all alone
so beautiful
white, reflecting rays of sun
gray, reflecting beams of moon
there's something magical
magical, i say, yes, magical
something magical about that house
the turrets
with windows
where i could look out
the spiral staircase
where i could go up
and stare down again
the secret passageways
full of mystery
full of promise
surprises waiting at every turn
the old library
full of books
whispering books
beckoning books
there's something magical
magical about it all

Have you ever felt that kind of "magic" when you're around old things? Have you ever felt that urge to grab a notebook and pen and run away into an old attic, sit in the corner by the window, sunlight streaming through the partly cracked window, and just write a story? Ah, that sounds like heaven to me. I would love to do something like that. If I ever get my old Victorian house, I'm going to have my room in the attic, and I'm going to do exactly that.

i sit in the corner
sunlight streams
through the window
making beams of light
across the floor
scribblings of the pen
across the paper
a story is being written
don't disturb me
music from a bird
comes through the window
cracked with age
i smile
i write
i live
i love

What's your dream house? What things do you dream about? What do you think about old things? What kind of "magic" have you found in your life? What kind of things make you feel like the world is magical in a way?

farewell || goodbye
it's just for a week
[thank you, guest posters]

2 comments:

be kind • be polite • be amazing