Monday, May 13, 2013

sail, sail, sail, sail...


sail
sail
sail away
sail sail
to another day
sail
sail
sail far
sail
sail
to that distant star

When I was younger, we would go and visit my grandparents, who lived by the coast. My grandpa had a boat, and we would go out and sail in the ocean in it. Well, there weren't sails, it was motor powered, but still. We were out in the ocean. I always had to sit in back, because as a child I was scared of falling out and getting eaten by a shark. But I have good memories of that boat.

But sailing in a boat... doesn't that just make you feel a yearning in your heart? To sail away, and discover distant lands? Maybe not for all of you. Maybe not even for me. It takes the adventurous and the brave to try something new and undone, like sailing around the world, or taking a raft from South America to Asia.

sail
sail
you're almost there
sail
sail
wind in my hair
sail
sail
be strong
sail
sail
you've been there all along

Can we have that courage, too? That yearning for adventure?

sail
sail
across the sea
sail
sail
just you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

be kind • be polite • be amazing